Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Children are an heritage of the Lord

We just returned from Anchorage to bring our son Caleb to the airport. He is going back to Louisiana to get a job and live for awhile. We all miss him already!
While driving back home, I thought about how many times we take our children for granted. We get so busy in all the things around us that we often forget to tell them how much they mean to us. God gave me 7 beautiful children and each one is unigue and special. The Lord reminded me of how He is towards me. He never is too busy to spend time with me , and He's always lovingly steering me in the right direction. I often ask Him to make me a better mother, to remind me to see the little things in their lives and to take every opportunity to teach them of the Goodness of our Lord.
May I put aside the unimportant things and take time with my children, for too soon they'll be gone from my home, starting one of their own.


I'll write again soon,
Christy